Senior Quality Engineer
What does an exceptional Senior Quality Engineer do?
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable product engineering team building applications that transform the way merchants run and manage their business. As a Senior SDET, you will play a critical role in producing quality, reliable, and scalable applications to support our Clover product. With Clover, these businesses can run thousands of transactions, access reports on a dashboard remotely and handle their inventory through a single solution. The Clover product replaces cash registers, terminals, receipt printers, label printers and barcode scanners.
This position is in Clover's Merchant Lifecycle Engineering organization. We are responsible for all phases of merchant lifecycle, including new merchant on-boarding, merchant experience configuration, and merchant equipment provisioning. Much of our work involves integrating with other systems via network APIs.
As a Senior Quality Engineer, you can look forward to:
In this role you will be the lead proponent for product quality on the engineering team. You will be responsible for developing automated tests, executing manual tests, introducing test methodologies and frameworks to the project, and defining test cases for the product.
You will be required to perform production support as part of a regular on-call rotation.
• Familiarity with Linux / Unix environments
• Experience with source code version control, preferably Git
• Knowledge of Web application test frameworks and automation is a plus
Basic Qualifications for consideration:
• 5+ years of experience in software product development environments, especially in QA/QE roles
• Experience with Object Oriented programming in Java (Java 8 or later)
• Experience with MySQL and executing queries
• Experience interfacing with REST web services, using XML and/or JSON for data interchange, and understanding of client tools such as Postman and cURL
• Experience with Java unit test frameworks such as JUnit and TestNG
• Experience developing test automation with a continuous integration pipeline such as Jenkins
• Experience operating and supporting critical business applications
• Ability to work with cross functional teams, and to translate business requirements into manual and automated test cases
• Ability to work with distributed teams; flexibility to work across time zones
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred Qualifications for consideration:
• Bachelor's degree or advance degree Computer Science or related field.
• Experience with JMeter functional test framework
Travel: Occasional travel to HQ office in Sunnyvale Ca is expected.
Learn more about Clover:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights previously available only to the “big guys.” At Clover, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high growth environment, with the benefits of a parent company, Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today.
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices, cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API’s for third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over 220 apps. The Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular fashion that powers tiny merchants through large football stadiums, supporting millions of transactions daily. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self-starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchants' lives one transaction at a time.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.