Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
What does an exceptional Senior Full Stack Software Engineer do?
Every day, Clover devices handle the core credit card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily, and we do it in multiple countries.
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you can look forward to:
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer you will be tasked with improving/expanding our platform and product through the various Clover SDKs. You will also work closely with the Infrastructure Team and Business Operations Team to delivery improvements, support new features and triage production problems. Our engineers work in high performance squads dedicated to customer success and smooth daily operations.
We are pragmatic in balancing priorities and enjoy working in an iterative model where SDK features are released periodically, and bug-fixes are deployed as needed. In the coming year there will be a focus on ease of integration where we take dramatic steps to make it easier to build Point of Sale applications in a bug free manner. We plan to further grow our semi-integrated partnerships, expand services to deal with multi-site and enterprise merchant management, and ramp existing services up for further global expansion.
Specific task will likely include but not be limited to:
- Design new public facing APIs, and enhance existing APIs to maintain backwards compatibility.
- Implement Enterprise solutions to REST APIs for high volume and high availability system integrations
- Lead cross-functional engineering squads to rapidly deliver updates and / or new features.
- Mentor other team members through rigorous design coaching and detailed implementation reviews.
- Work with integration partners to duplicate and fix reported problems.
- Coordinate with other SDK teams to keep functionality consistent across languages.
- Work with QA to develop test plans/strategies and facilitate holistic automated test implementation
A Senior Full Stack Software Engineer would have to split time between championing large features and mentoring more junior developers. Additional duties would likely include peer reviewing code and staying on top of newer processes and coding trends. We are interested in hiring a flexible engineer who is not afraid to be involved in product discussions and work with multiple parts of the stack.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Minimum of 12 years of coding experience preferably in a leadership role for at least 3 years of that time.
- Emphasis on server-side API definitions and micro-service deployment.
- Strong data modeling skills specifically in designing/implementing very large
- volumes of data.
- Superior problem-solving and triage skills
- Mastery of enterprise patterns
- Must have demonstrated history of automation integration.
- Passionate about debugging across technology boundaries
- Flexible and self-driven
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration:
- Mobile platform implementation: Android, iOS.
- Experience with a cloud platform: AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Familiarity with NETTY a plus.
- Data analysis experience
- Fintech or SaaS experience a big plus
Learn more about Clover:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services, and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights previously available only to the “big guys.” At Clover, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high growth environment, with the benefits of a parent company, Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today.
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices, cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API’s for third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over 220 apps. The Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular fashion that powers tiny merchants through large football stadiums, supporting millions of transactions daily. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self-starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchants' lives one transaction at a time.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.