Product Manager; Activation and First Time Use Experience
Clover was founded to deliver more to the small and medium-sized businesses that desperately need easy-to-use software and beautifully designed hardware. Our open-source Point of Sale system fosters a seamless merchant-customer interaction, creates an exceptional customer experience, and allows merchants to run their businesses at maximum efficiency.
As the Activation and First Time Use Product Manager on the Early Merchant Experience team, you will be responsible for creating experiences on the Clover merchant facing web experience, our Clover hardware, and our mobile experience that streamline and simplify how merchants set up and configure the Clover system to their needs. The digital experiences you build will guide merchants through the self-service set-up process, so merchants can intuitively start using Clover quickly and easily without relying on human support.
You will engage closely with merchants across multiple verticals and countries to ensure their specific needs are considered, while always being aware of lurking gotchas and edge cases. You will drive the end-to-end management for each effort and be responsible for communicating progress and key milestones to various stakeholders, including external partners, and managing the release process for distribution to all of Clover’s global partners.
You’re an experienced digital product manager, with a background in building intuitive digital experiences that simplify complex concepts and processes.
You’re an expert at cross-functional alignment, and you have experience bringing the right people together from inside and outside the business to understand the market, the constraints, and deliver the most impactful solutions. You can distill complexity and ambiguity into detailed user stories and requirements. You’re a good listener and “empathy” is one of the qualities you use to describe your personality.
You enjoy working in a fast-paced office, you understand that constant attention to detail leads to success and you’re rarely satisfied with the status quo. You have a bias for action and believe in delivering only quality work of the highest standards to the market. You find that storytelling comes naturally.
Areas of Focus
- Work with design and engineering to create experiences that streamline and simplify how merchants set up and configure the Clover system to their needs, including:
- Communications to merchants in their first month with Clover to drive specific behaviors and improve adoption of the Clover platform
- The web onboarding flow to set up the user or merchant account and collect necessary information to tailor the merchant experience
- The First Time Use experiences on web, Clover hardware, and native mobile app, to configure Clover to the business’ needs and help the merchant start taking payments quickly and easily
- Lead operational efforts for the Frameworks and Early Merchant Experience teams, including:
- Drive socialization for each feature and release among Clover resellers and support teams throughout the development process to incorporate stakeholder feedback and enable commercialization teams
- Manage release planning and rollout tracking to all of Clover’s channel partners and independent software vendors (ISVs)
- Drive products through the full software development life cycle:
- Coordinate with user research team, data team, and other stakeholders to identify problems and validate assumptions based on quantitative and qualitative data
- Define user requirements and metrics for success
- Communicate requirements with design, engineering and product ops
- Review and prioritize backlog
- Attend sprint planning and communicate requirements with engineering & QE
- Write release notes and collaborate with content team to create help content
- Coordinate releases with release management team
- Analyze user feedback and data to optimize the user experience
- Assist in building business cases (including opportunity sizing and financial analysis) to define, evaluate and prioritize competing opportunities to inform Clover’s roadmap
- Communicate rationale, prioritization and development status with product, engineering and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Evangelize Clover’s values and products across the team, Fiserv, and sales channels
Be part of an agile cross-functional product, engineering and QE team to create a best-in-class products and product experiences
- 3+ years in consulting and or product management focused on improving the client experience, with preference for B2B SaaS experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required
- Comfort in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Comfort presenting to internal and external stakeholders
- Proven track record of using data to influence requirements, design and implementation
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to think and lead complex projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Excellent organizational, analytical and influencing skills
Salary Range (Depending on Location and Experience) $100,000 - $130,000
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.