Staff Cloud Engineer
Calling all innovators - find your future at Fiserv.
We're Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments, and we move money and information in a way that moves the world. We connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another millions of times a day - quickly, reliably, and securely. Any time you swipe your credit card, pay through a mobile app, or withdraw money from the bank, we're involved. If you want to make an impact on a global scale, come make a difference at Fiserv.
Job TitleStaff Cloud Engineer
About The Team The Cloud Infrastructure Team at Clover is all about innovation. Reporting straight to the VP of Infrastructure, we're on a mission to transform the payment/fintech industry. Our philosophy? Automation is king, the path to unbeatable scalability and self-management. If you thrive in solving large-scale challenges and have the knack for leading others in pursuit of the same, we've been waiting for you.
What You Will Do:
- Lead a tight-knit team of engineers to untangle complex, impactful problems.
- Think about applications - from monoliths to microservices and functions - and how they can autoscale and self-repair.
- Envision a SQL database that adjusts to peak business hours, scaling back when things are quiet.
- Embrace the challenge of a rapidly growing business unit: extract peak performance from infrastructure and process, and take automation to the next level to minimize manual intervention.
What You Will Need To Have:
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Science Engineering.
- 5+ years working hands-on with Unix-based operating systems.
- 5+ years programming in Python, GoLang, or Java.
- 3+ years actively defining and using APIs and Web Services.
- Solid grasp of Cloud providers and their capabilities in deploying Cloud applications.
- Clear understanding of Network constructs and Network security.
What Would Be Great To Have:
- Frameworks and practices
Salary Range$128,800.00 - $219,000.00
These pay ranges apply to employees in New York and California. Pay ranges for employees in other states may differ.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
What you should know about us:
Fiserv is a global fintech leader with 40,000-plus (and growing) associates proudly serving clients in more than 100 countries. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company, one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and a top scorer on Bloomberg’s Gender-Equality Index, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce that reflects our world. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Warning about fake job posts:
Please be aware of fraudulent job postings that are not affiliated with Fiserv. Fraudulent job postings may be used by cyber criminals to target your personally identifiable information and/or to steal money or financial information.
Any communications from a Fiserv representative will come from a legitimate business email address. We will not hire through text message, social media, or email alone, and any interviews will be conducted in person or through a secure video call. We won’t ask you for sensitive information nor will we ask you to pay anything during the hiring process. We also won’t send you a check to cash on Fiserv’s behalf.
If you see suspicious activity or believe that you have been the victim of a job posting scam, you should report it to your local FBI field office or to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center.