Sr. Cloud Engineer
Calling all innovators – find your future at Fiserv.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments, and we move money and information in a way that moves the world. We connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants, and consumers to one another millions of times a day – quickly, reliably, and securely. Any time you swipe your credit card, pay through a mobile app, or withdraw money from the bank, we’re involved. If you want to make an impact on a global scale, come make a difference at Fiserv.
Job TitleSr. Cloud Engineer
What does a Senior Cloud Engineer do?
As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will be a part of a small but growing team of hardworking people responsible for creating and maintaining a suite of cutting edge back-of-house web applications, point-of-sale APIs, and cloud services for an exciting market. An exceptional Senior Cloud Engineer merges wisdom in the field of back-end development with a teaching mindset and an understanding of the constraints and needs of the business to elevate the quality of the output of the entire team over time. They lead by example, prioritize quality, and help define the long-term architecture for the full suite of web applications.
As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you can look forward to:
• Installing, configuring, customizing, upgrading, supporting, and troubleshooting all technical issues related to on premise and hosted environments for both desktop and mobile platforms.
• Building, testing, implementing, and launching the solutions proposed
• Collaborating with Product Development, UX Designers, and QA to build quality products; including resolving complex technical issues related to projects.
• Communicating within your functional team and across Engineering to keep information flowing
• Reviewing peer code, designs, and providing mentorship.
• Writing tests and automation to advance maturity in product testing.
• Being a highly motivated “self-starter” who is passionate about web development and is anxious to learn from other high-level web developers.
• Participating in after hours incident management as part of an on-call rotation
• Being a team player, ability to collaborate idea sharing in a strong product setting.
• Developing back-end APIs using Node.js on AWS Lambda and Kubernetes Express based services
• Following Agile SDLC, participating in planning and Scrumban boards.
• Bachelor's degree or relevant job experience required
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in software development.
• 5+ years of relational database design & modeling.
• 5+ year or exposure to administering & consuming AWS services or other cloud platforms.
• Advanced understanding of functional/prototype/object oriented based programming principles
• Solid grasp of software development patterns and their application in several programming languages.
• An advanced understanding of coding techniques which contribute to the reliability, maintainability, readability, simplicity, performance, and testability of software.
• Experienced in the day-to-day practicalities of Software Development Lifecycles such as Scrum.
• Extensive experience expanding and maintaining large data sets.
• Experience with CI/CD pipeline, e.g., GitHub Actions, CircleCi, Jenkins
• Experience with building Docker images for deployment
• Advanced understanding of NodeJS and Serverless.
• REST API design and development
• Experience working and building in microservice based paradigm
• Experience with Ruby on Rails
• Experience building distributed, service oriented, microservices-style and cloud-based application architectures.
• Containerization experience with application
This role is not eligible to be performed in Colorado, California, New York or Washington.
Please note that salary ranges provided for this role on external job boards are salary estimates made by outside parties and may not be accurate.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
What you should know about us:
Fiserv is a global fintech leader with 40,000-plus (and growing) associates proudly serving clients in more than 100 countries. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company, one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and a top scorer on Bloomberg’s Gender-Equality Index, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce that reflects our world. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Warning about fake job posts:
Please be aware of fraudulent job postings that are not affiliated with Fiserv. Fraudulent job postings may be used by cyber criminals to target your personally identifiable information and/or to steal money or financial information.
Any communications from a Fiserv representative will come from a legitimate business email address. We will not hire through text message, social media, or email alone, and any interviews will be conducted in person or through a secure video call. We won’t ask you for sensitive information nor will we ask you to pay anything during the hiring process. We also won’t send you a check to cash on Fiserv’s behalf.
If you see suspicious activity or believe that you have been the victim of a job posting scam, you should report it to your local FBI field office or to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center.