Cloud Engineer, Senior
What does a Cloud Engineer do?
As a Cloud Engineer, you will be a part of a growing team of hardworking people responsible for creating and maintaining a suite of cutting edge back-of-house web applications, point-of-sale APIs, and Android client applications for an exciting market. Cloud Engineers collaborate with other engineers and coworkers from across the business on a regular basis and treat everyone with respect. Cloud Engineers investigate and solve difficult problems for high-profile customers with the help of their teammates. Cloud Engineers help design and build exciting features into a product set that has a large existing user base. Cloud Engineers come to work ready to learn and ready to help our customers and your teammates from across the company find success.
As a Cloud Engineer, you can look forward to:
• Learning from a talented and helpful team of coworkers, including experienced Cloud Engineers
• Collaborating with Product Managers, Product Owners, Quality Engineers, Cloud Engineers, Android Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers, Release Engineers, Support Engineers, and other teammates from across the business to build quality products; including resolving complex technical issues related to projects.
• Communicating within your functional team and across Engineering to keep information flowing
• Reviewing peer code and architectural designs.
• Writing tests and automation to advance maturity in product testing.
• Being a highly motivated “self-starter” who is passionate about web development and is anxious to learn from other high-level web developers.
• Participating in after hours incident management as part of an on-call rotation.
• Being a team player, able to share your ideas and respectfully consider the ideas of others.
• Developing back-end APIs using Node.js on AWS Lambda and Kubernetes Express based services
• Following Agile SDLC, participating in planning and Scrum boards.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• A solid understanding of NodeJS and Serverless.
• An understanding of REST API design and development
• Experience working and building in microservice based paradigm
• An understanding of functional/prototype/object oriented based programming principles
• Solid grasp of software development patterns and their application in several programming languages.
• A solid understanding of coding techniques which contribute to the reliability, maintainability, readability, simplicity, performance, and testability of software.
• Experienced in the day-to-day practicalities of Software Development Lifecycles such as Scrum.
• 1+ years of hands-on experience in software development.
• 1+ years of relational database design & modeling.
• 1+ year or exposure to administering & consuming AWS services or other cloud platforms.
• Knowledge of Ruby on Rails
• Experience building distributed, service oriented, microservices-style and cloud-based application architectures.
• Experience expanding and maintaining large data sets.
• Experience with CI/CD pipeline, e.g., GitHub Actions, CircleCi, Jenkins
• Experience with building Docker images for deployment
• An understanding of IT environments including networking, server technologies, databases, security, and performance.
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.